Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all competitions run by Emo unless otherwise stated.
1. In order to enter any competition, customers must correctly undertake the task set or answer the question correctly as the case may be. Competitions are only open to those people identified as being permitted to enter or requested to enter as the case may be. Competitions are not open to Emo employees, agents, contractors or sub-contractors – or their families.
2. Competitions are open to residents of Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland (NI) aged 18 years or over.
3. Entry to the I LIKE WINTER competition is by posting a ‘I Like Winter because…’ story in 20 words or less directly online after you place your order via our websites (emo.ie or emooil.com). Only one entry per order will be accepted. For consumers in Northern Ireland, no purchase is necessary. Please submit your entry by post to Emo Marketing at the address below.
4. The I LIKE WINTER Competition starts at 8am on 25 November 2013 to 6pm on 11th December 2013 inclusive. Any entries before or after these dates are ineligible.
5. The I LIKE WINTER Prize is one two night stay at Farnham Estate, Co. Cavan, two buffet breakfasts, one dinner with a house bottle of wine. One 30 min spa treatment per guest and access to pool. Travel costs are not included. To be used over months of January/February 2014 excluding Valentines Weekend February 14/15/16.
6. Emo is not responsible for reimbursement or exchange if the prize is not taken up in any allocated time period.
7. Customers entering any competition will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
8. Entries must be strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions and any other conditions in the messaging or promotions around such competition or they will be invalid. One entry is permitted per person. Entries from agents/third parties are invalid.
9. Emo accepts no responsibility or liability for entries or information relating to entries that are lost.
10. Emo representatives will pick the winning entry from valid entries received. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising such competition. No cash or other alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable.
12. Emo reserves the right at its sole discretion to alter any prize or substitute the prize with cash to the same value for any reason and without notification. In the event that the winner declines the prize awarded to him/her or Emo is unable to contact the winner after reasonable efforts have been made, Emo may award the prize to another entrant, selected at random.
13. Emo reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition or amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice for any technical or commercial reasons.
14. By accepting the prize, the winner grants Emo the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as Emo may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
15. Emo is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner or any other person with whom the winner shares or gives the prize.
16. By entering any competition you agree that Emo may contact you with updates on EMO products and/or services via email, SMS, telephone or any other manner. Should you wish to be removed from the contact list, please do not hesitate to contact us.
17. The Promoter in Northern Ireland is DCC Energy Ltd of 40 – 48 Airport Road West – Belfast – BT3 9ED and in ROI is Emo Oil Ltd of Clonminam Industrial Estate, Portlaoise, Laois. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org