Senior Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
DCC Oil Ireland
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Reporting to: Commercial & Operations/ HSE Director, DCC Oil Ireland
Scope of Role: DCC Oil Ireland and Certas Energy Ireland
Location: Based in Portlaoise, Co. Laois but with a requirement to travel A) to visit the Certa retail network in Ireland on a regular basis and B) throughout the island of Ireland in fulfilment of the role. The role will support both businesses and their respective remote networks/ locations.
Overview of the Role:
The role will lead Health, Safety and Environmental matters and will develop, implement, manage and maintain all aspects of EHS for the businesses. The successful candidate will oversee all systems, programs and initiatives to support and ensure the effective delivery of same. The role will be a key part in the promotion of EHS across all aspects of the businesses and inform, support and educate the senior management teams, and all employees, to support our culture and commitment to Safety First.
Key Requirements of the Position:
Leadership/ Planning/ Strategy
• Proactively plan and manage EHS objectives to support the company’s strategic growth plans and provide ongoing feedback and communications re. same.
• Audit, analyse, document, report on EHS strategies and performance against same for the senior management teams.
• Continuous review of EHS within the business and application of new developments and best practice on an ongoing basis.
• Ensures that site systems are in place to maintain 100% compliance with all Irish and EU Regulations, site licences and permits and both DCC Oil Ireland and DCC plc standards.
• Act as the primary point of contact for all business/ site audits and inspections (internal/ external) including, but not limited to; EPA, HSA, ISO and develop and foster positive stakeholder relationships with these agencies.
• Act as primary site contact with DCC plc ensuring all corporate EHS requirements are implemented and actioned effectively on site and ensuring on time delivery of same.
• Ensure all documentation related to EHS management is accurately prepared, documented/ recorded, approved/ signed off and stored.
• Partner actively with local management to develop and implement local plans to ensure delivery of the EHS program/ objectives and to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Work with operations teams regarding fit for purpose Standard Operating Procedures, Risk Assessments, Work Instructions etc. and regularly review and update same to improve safety, reduce risk etc.
• Assist in all aspects of the Site / Infrastructural Emergency Plans and keep up to date.
• Collaborate with personnel within and across the organisation to effectively manage EHS regarding external contractors and agents.
• Set up and carry out proactive inspections, audits and reviews of work practices to assess compliance with regulations and company policies, and to remedy and implement corrective actions as appropriate in a timely and efficient manner.
• Manage and take responsibility for all accident and incident investigations; ensure corrective actions are identified and highlighted in a timely manner and address/ remedy same ensuring implementation of communication/ training programs arising from same when/ where relevant.
• Actively promote strong business and site health, safety and environmental awareness and safety culture through (for example) regular and ongoing communications and training initiatives.
• Deliver ongoing support, guidance and coaching to members of the senior management and operations teams in EHS matters that engrains an EHS ethos into our ways of working and supports the company culture.
• Ensure that all members of the EHS team are trained, supported and guided to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the EHS strategy and plan for the business, ensuring the business and all of our operations have sufficient support for all EHS requirements.
• Conduct fit for purpose training needs analysis, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed accordingly, including new hires; ensure the efficient and effective delivery of training and maintain robust training records.
Metrics & Reporting
• Measure, monitor and improve EHS benchmarks, metrics, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to meet company-wide goals and drive best in class results.
• Reporting – to compile weekly and monthly reports as required of the position (either at local level and/ or at corporate (DCC plc) level)
• Manage the EHS budget
• 3rd level qualification in EHS or a related discipline
• Member of IOSH
• Relevant senior management/ EHS management experience including EHS strategy implementation
• Experience overseeing and managing EHS management systems
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation etc.)
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and decision-making abilities
• Proactive/ self-starter
• Excellent organisations skills and high level of attention to detail
• Trusted advisor
• People-management and coaching skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Interested applicants should submit their CV to email@example.com
DCC Oil Ireland is an equal opportunities employer