Sales Representative – Lubricants
Title: Sales Representative
Location: Clonminam Industrial Estate, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
Reporting to: National Sales Manager (Lubricants)
Location: Flexible for travel within the Republic of Ireland
DCC are an ambitious and entrepreneurial business operating in 20 countries, supplying products and services used by millions of people every day throughout Europe. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 100, DCC generates turnover of £13.4 billion and employs 13,700 people. It operates through four divisions: LPG, Retail & Oil, Healthcare and Technology. The core values of DCC are Safety, Integrity, Partnership and Excellence.
In recent years DCC Oil Ireland (Emo Oil) has been growing our business with the acquisition of Campus Oil, two lubricant businesses, establishment of the Certa pay @ pump network, and the recent acquisition of Jones Oil.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the DCC Lubricants sales team. This position is full-time, field based and is suited to someone who will relish the challenge of selling Premium Brands in a highly competitive environment. You must have a passion for customer service and an unwavering persistence in chasing new business and exceeding your targets.
Main Purpose of Role:
To achieve sales targets through proactive business development of the DCC family of branded lubricants, covering all lubricant sectors including Automotive, Heavy Duty, Marine and Industrial & Power Generation. To grow the customer base and develop long-term satisfactory relationships with all customers, focusing on customer delivery and margin.
• Proactively selling lubricants to existing valued customer base in designated territory.
• Targeting of new customers, developing and maintaining long term mutually beneficial relationships.
• Ensuring high retention levels of retention by delivering exceptional customer service.
• Identifying leads, qualifying prospects, developing and delivering compelling value added offers.
• Using initiative to uncover customer needs and find innovative solutions.
• Achieving debtor day collection targets.
• Reporting regularly to your manager around designated KPIs, including pipeline and prospects.
• Participating actively in internal meetings and training provided by external providers, supplier partners and colleagues.
• Adhering to the DCC Lubricants Sales Policy.
• Adhering to the DCC Oil Ireland professional, safety and quality standards, and to DCC corporate Values.
• Position is critical in terms of achieving commercial objectives and providing margin to the organisation.
• Scope to assist in the selling of product in all markets is wide and can greatly influence end results. Results are immediate and quantifiable.
• The role is empowered and has the freedom to contact and develop relationships with customers and prospects and develop added value propositions within Sales Policy guidelines.
• The National Sales Manager will provide direction and support as required, and will provide regular performance reviews.
Key Skills/Experience and Personal Characteristics Required:
• Sales and customer relationship management experience with a proven track record in achieving new sales and margin growth and new business development.
• Excellent communication skills along with interpersonal and organisational skills.
• An understanding of the lubricants market, the key players and applications.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Self-starter; ability to work on own initiative.
• Agile and adaptable – can work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
• Full Driving Licence is essential.
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com
DCC Oil Ireland is an equal opportunities employer